Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so, a buddy of mine and i got into an argument. he showed me some funny joke about people making whoopie in front of a pet. i thought that was icky and nobody should ever let their pets see that. my bf and i always lock the kitties out of the room when we have our 'alone time.' :wink: he said it wasn't a big deal, just shove them off the bed when they get to... pouncy. (he doesn't have cats, but his gf sometimes house/cat sits for extended periods of time and he will stay there too. 3 cats.) i can't help but feel grossed out thinking of my kitties hanging out in the same room while that was going on. :shock:

i'm just curious to hear other peoples opinions on this.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
mmm, uh. ah, er... welll.... I haven't had a g/f in some time, but when my last one used to spend the night, Sundae would take a huge crap right in front of the television, every time. I took it as her not approving of the goings on. :lol:

Sometimes them watching is unavoidable, but I don't think their take on it is how we think. Above said g/f had a large dog that we had to run out of the room when at her place, cuz he would think we were 'playing' and wanted some of the action.

my oh my what an odd thread topic. :oops:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Somtimes there's not much to do about it. Me and my boyfriend used to live in a one roomer with two cats. We couldn't close the door to the bedroom since the whole apartment was one room. The cats however just went to bed when we did, antoher bed I might add, their cat bed. Now, we live in a two roomer and the cat's aren't allowed in the bedroom. But it a kind of felt weird in the beginning, knowing that the cats could watch us if they wanted. They never did though. I don't think the cats care unless they really hate the owners partner 8)

·
Registered
821 Posts
My boyfriend and I lock them out of our bedroom. :shock: Interesting thread Faile! :lol:

·
Registered
252 Posts
My Husband and I have never gave it a thought, the cats are around... always. If they are in the way, we move them. I've never noticed any of the furkids acting like they cared anyway. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I was thinking about posting this question too...just wasn't sure if it's ok to ask about this. :)

We always close the door.... It's weird to have them watch you! It's like a kid watching parents. I find it weird too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would love to be able to lock my cats out of our bedroom sometimes, but there is something about a closed door that freaks them out and compels them to scratch at it.

I don’t know what goes through their minds, but I have seen them do grosser stuff in front of me.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I can't have any door closed without cardboard under the door to prevent carpet destruction! My cats completely ignore us during said situation, its the dog that makes me feel weird! :oops:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh, i love all the replies! see, my kitties i think would watch. one time we didn't realize they were there and something got pounced on. :shock:

one of my friends said one time her cat just stared at them and her bf got all wierded out.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I have often thought of starting a thread about this topic, but I was never sure how to approach it. :wink:
Velvet used to immediately get up and leave when anything was going to happen. Now she has either been with us too long or is too old to care because she just stays, in fact she wouldn't move!! :oops:
I have often wondering if she has any clue what is going on, she really doesn't seem to pay much attention.

·
Registered
214 Posts
We are in like a one room apartment... so my cats are around and at first I was a little... eh, about it... but they go lay on the other bed in the room and don't even bat an eye about it.
And I agree with Captainwookie... they do a lot grosser stuff in front of me... lol

(Speaking of things gettting pounced on... my bf has had that happen in the morning) :shock: But never during whoopie...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The one time the door wasn't closed, Stormy jumped up and meowed for attention. Annoying little kitty!
This is actually something I thought about now that my fiance and I are getting an apartment and I thought about an efficiency. Not JUST that, but also if the cats are hyper and running around in the middle of the night and we don't have a room to kick them out of because it is all one room!
I think we're not going that route anyway now, just because even though I love him, I can't imagine always having to be in the same room when I'm home, especially if one of us wants to sleep and the other wants to be awake.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I cant even sleep alone without these little monkeys fighting or pouncing at the foot of the bed. So we close the door EVERY night.

I got Stix while my bf was still in Iraq, so I was used to sleeping alone with him (the only kitty at the time) at my feet. Well, the bf came home and after the "making up for lost time" we let Stix in one night. Maybe he was resentful or something because he attacked the "no-fly" zone... :shock: and was banned forever from the bedroom. Well at least he has Kota to play with at night now!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts