Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Cat has asked my to delete her reply to my suggestions, so I will delete these:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know all the precautions. I just wanted to know if anyone used any methods to prevent this, I didn't want a lecture. My yard is completely fenced in, and Aretha just suns herself on the porch.

Jeanie
CF Mod

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:01 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My apologies, Black Cat, if I came across that way. I am just afraid for your cat. I was assuming that you were young and wearing rose colored glasses. I did suggest a play yard that a snake could not penetrate. If I gave you the impression that I felt any antagonism, I am very sorry. I really do care, and will risk your having a bad opinion of me by hoping you will take that precaution. It would not be difficult to build and give you great peace of mind.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden

Black Cat
Jr. Cat

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:22 pm

Sorry if I sounded mad. I really am truely sorry about that. Please try to erase it.

(I had a really bad morning)

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was Black Cat who said she had a bad morning. I don't think she realizes how much danger her cat is in, but she realized she hadn't been polite. Her family's cats all disappeared into the desert she said. I think this might be her first cat since she left home. Well, she didn't have a good example to follow. How sad, and her heart will break if the cat gets bitten and dies. :(

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're having the same sort of weather, Dan. I look at the birds and think of strays and feral cats and wonder how any one of them makes it through this weather. And to make things worse, although we have almost an acre for our collie to run in, I have had to tie him to the door with several leads so that I can get him back in the house after he finishes doing his business. (He has always slept in the house, but if this keeps up, we'll have to provide a house for him. I can't go out and get him!) He doesn't realize, of course, how cold it's going to be overnight! He's a collie and I know he has a good winter coat, but this weather is too cold for any animal! :( Is it Spring yet??? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts