Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here supplement a mostly raw diet with a tiny bit of kibble?

I know dry food isn't ideal, (particularly with the different digestion rates of raw/dry foods) but our cat absolutely adores hunting around the house for a few pieces of dry food that we'll hide for her.

(Hope no one minds that I started a new thread..!)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I will admit that I also use kibble as treats. Moxie is just not interested in freeze dried meat, so I sometimes put a little kibble in her treat ball. She also loves it when I toss individual kibbles down the hallway so she can chase them, which is a great game for when I'm too tired to chase her around.

She gets, at most, about a teaspoon of kibble at a time. I wish I could get her to love freeze dried meat, and I'm hoping she'll warm up to it if I keep trying. But for now I still have a half a big bag of kibble in my freezer, so I'm just gonna let her have her treats at least until she uses it up. :-?

I do at least have one cat that loves freeze dried meat more than kibble, so definitely give it a try if you haven't already!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the suggestions! I will look around for the freeze dried food and see if she'll eat it. She eats pretty much everything!!

catinthemirror, we do the throw the kibble down the hall game too! Sometimes cats surprise you in what they'll do after a day of sleeping!! She gained so much weight on the hills c/d that we're trying to get her in shape. Definitely a great way for them to run around while pet parents can relax :)

·
Banned
74 Posts
I do feed my cat kibble in addition to raw meat (and wet cat food), but I *only* feed her grain-free stuff. I try to keep it less than about 15% of her diet. And I never fill up her dry food bowl with so much stuff she could have one or more meals with it all. I only put just enough in it to give her a bit of a snack, basically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts