Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's eaten raw chicken before, but for the first time this week we started introducing beef.

She doesn't puke. Her potty is normal. She has really bad cat acne. I mean bloody cysts all over her chin. We had an outbreak a few months ago, then got her eating out of stainless steel making the acne go away after a couple weeks. Now that she's on raw, her acne has come back.

Can a beef allergy cause acne? She never ate beef wet food prior, just snubbed it. She really enjoys her sirloin steak. Haha

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I don't know if it can cause acne or not (sounds plausible to me? certain foods give me acne!) but I have a cat who is allergic to raw beef and not cooked, so that is definitely possible! Apollo vomits any time he eats raw beef, but he's totally fine with beef in canned food, and any other raw food he's had (chicken, turkey, rabbit).

Maybe as an experiment, try offering her some cooked beef to see if there's still a reaction?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to try after this set goes away. She's scratching like crazy at them, and bleeding.

I can't think of any changes that have happened lately except that I've been feeding her more raw food than wet. The only meats I've offered her is chicken and beef. Beef only twice (dinner, then breakfast next day on Tues & Wed).

Maybe I'll just avoid it all together. I don't like seeing her in pain with that acne. She gets acne from grain food, too.

·
Banned
952 Posts
I'll have to try after this set goes away. She's scratching like crazy at them, and bleeding.

I can't think of any changes that have happened lately except that I've been feeding her more raw food than wet. The only meats I've offered her is chicken and beef. Beef only twice (dinner, then breakfast next day on Tues & Wed).

Maybe I'll just avoid it all together. I don't like seeing her in pain with that acne. She gets acne from grain food, too.
If the beef was sourced from a heavily grain-fed cow (and most of them are now-a-days), it will affect a cat with a strong grain allergy.

I would either replace the beef with another meat or, better yet, find a source of beef from grass-fed cows. :p

Good luck!

AC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts