Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took in a pregnant cat yesterday that I found in my backyard. She has been vet checked and appears to be healthy, she does have diarrhea though. I am wondering if the diarrhea is from the canned food that I gave her last night. I dont think anyone was feeding her, I can only assume she was hunting as well as scavenging, since she got into my trash outside. She is very lean and muscular, a healthy weight according to the vet. Anywho, I have been giving my current cat, Banjo, a raw meal once a day so I already have some raw stuff in my freezer that I can give to her that is probably closer to what she was eating outside. Is there anything I should know about giving raw to a pregnant cat?? I guess the calculations would be the same but feed her like I would a kitten?

I also have some quail that I stopped giving Banjo because he threw it up immediately everytime I tried giving it to him. Do you think it is safe to try the quail on her? Banjo keeps other raw meals down, it is just the quail that he throws up. Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I don't have too much advice other than to keep in mind that with some cats any change in diet will cause diarrhea. I can't imagine a pregnant cat eating is any different than any other cat except for amounts and frequency. Maybe a little kitty vitamin to enhance whatever you're feeding her, like prenatal vitamins in humans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts