Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is somethig wrong with Ray. He isn't eating or drinking and is lethargic. The vet is working him in this afternoon, my husband is taking him up as soon as he gets home in about an hour. I'm so worried about my old guy.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Oh, not RayRay! I love that little guy!

I hope you get a diagnosis w/treatment and he's back to his old self soon. :patback

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are back from the vets and Ray is much better. They gave him an appetite stimulant and Pepsid injections. They ran labwork, did urinalysis, a CBC, poked him and prodded him in every way they could check him and nothing was that far out of order for a CRF cat. We are going to keep a close watch on him and I will give him more sub-Q fluids than usual. The vet says she may check further into pancreatitis.
When I put a bowl of food in front of him he ate it right up. What a beautiful sight! Now I intend to go and sit with him on my lap and make him purr his fuzzy little tail off!

·
Registered
273 Posts
glad to hear he is feeling better. he really is such a handsome boy.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
That's great news, Sue!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It has been over 10 days and he is still acting ok. I don't understand what got in to him that day. With just having lost Tweezer a few weeks ago I wasn't going to take any chances.
Who knows what makes a cat decide to not eat for no good reason?

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
When one of my girls does that, panic hits me in the stomach. Then I tell myself, give it a day...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts