Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have womans magazine over here call Take a Break, about 2 months ago it told the storey of a couple who owned some land and so set up the halcyon Haven for animals, the had loads of them and cares very deeply for each one of them, 3 idiots decided just for fun up it to torture and kill there animals, They about 45 mins to do it and this is the death toll

8 Cats, 11 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs, in addition to that the shot a horse in the eye, she was preggers as well, the were settin cats if fire, those that were found living some died despite what everyone was doing to help most of the dead animals seemed to have been killed instantly by the gun shot but other had more horric deaths, a rabbit who surrvived a pellet going through it got it's skull crushed, another rabbit and abroken skull and jawbone from being stamped on. A guinea pig was smashed against a hard edge which dislocated it's spine and fractured it's shoulder a third rabbit two cats and another guinea pig were killed after a 2nd gunshot wond, 2 cats where covered in gaoline and set alight, many of the animals fled for there life.

They do not even have a reason for doing it, the highest penelty for animal cruelt is 6 months can you believe it 6 short months.

Each of the three boys are getting the following for what they did.

Cruelty to animals = 4 month
aggravated burglary = 4 months
Criminal damage = 3 months

They aren't even gonna spend a year in jail it's discusting

·
Registered
111 Posts
its a shame what people to do such great animals, i watch these animal cops shows on animal planet and it terrible what people do to animals, starving them, abusing them, neglecting them.. and animal abuse and neglect is only a misdemeanor that means they will only likely get a fine and community service..If i was a judge, i would send animal abusers to jail for a LONG time and then when i see them again i will ask them, How does it feel to get beat up and abused..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Hearing about what they did just makes my blood boil.

You know after they do their time they will get out and laugh about it, possibly even do it again.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Not to mention, you would think that the courts would take into account the fact that this crime was 100% pre-meditated. Just disgusting!

·
Registered
181 Posts
:cry: :evil:

We need, world-wide, harsher penalties for any ill action against an animal. I'm talking 5-10 years in prison for negligence, and life for murder! A life is a life!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The lawmakers would complain that our prisons are already overcrowded as it is. The thing is that mandatory harsh penalties for animal abuse may be deterrent enough to stop someone from doing it in the first place. But then again, many of the "people" who do these sort of things have serious mental problems and probably could care less about consequences. Who really knows.

I'm all for "street justice", or even better... you abuse an animal you get a special jail cell and a big furry cell mate. Can you say lion cage? Let the punishment fit the crime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts