Cat Forum banner

Ready to give birth??

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bengalsownme 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, Im new to this board but i Really need yer help on something. :?: :?: My kitty kat is HUGE and i know she will give birth soon, but im not sure HOW soon. The kitty belongs to my uncle so Im not sure when she got pregnant so i cant say how far along she is, but her nipples are HUGE and SHES huge and if i look at her tummy, i can see the kittens moving around inside her tummy. Im just wondering if maybe anyone could tell me anymore signs i can watch out for and how much longer she might be waiting to give birth? I've never had a kitty kat that has given birth before so im quite excited. I made her a bed inside the closet in our bathroom, but she doesnt really seem to like it. She lazes around A LOT. if anyone can give me some more info thatd be great! Thanks!

#2 ·
I don't know much about pregnant cats but i'm sure there is literature on the net. As far as the bed in the closet I think as long as the cat knows it is there it will probably use it when she is ready. If there is a lot of traffic in the closet (having to take clothes out to change) she may not use it. Keep it there and see what happens. She may just find her own spot that she finds comfortable and safe.

#3 ·
One of the first signs of birth is the look of the stomach. The foetuses falls down in the stomach and mama cat looks thinner, she gets more of a "hangtummy". She also starst to use the litterbox more often because of the pressure from the moving foetuses. Of your cat shows any of these signs the kittens will probably come any time, however there are cats that don´t show anything at all before giving birth.

#4 ·
I just had my first litter of baby bengals and my girl started going into labor Easter night. She started rolling around on the carpet and pulling herself on the carpet. She was very needy and kept jumping up on me. that started about 9-10 pm Easter night She woke me up 4am and needed me to sit with her. She started having a bloody tindged discharge around 6am and had a kitten 9am. I had three different "nests" set up for her she chose the litter box instead so keep an eye out when you start seeing her act different. A lot of kittens are borm at night. I would try to keep her in a quiet room away from other pets and traffic through the house. I would have towels ready and a vet on call. I bought the Cat owners home veterinary handbook and found that to be very helpful. Good luck! Hope you have a safe and healthy litter!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.