Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I got Gabby I was looking at litter boxes. I don't like scooping litter so I was looking for something self-sifting. I wouldn't consider one of those motorized boxes because I knew it would spook Gabby. I wound up buying this litter box Amazon.com: Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Large: Home & Garden It really is amazing. It took me about 20 seconds to do litter box duty. Well worth the $35.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Thats neat, does it come apart easy for cleaning?
It sure does. If you use a really good clumping litter the need for cleaning is VERY minimal. If you have a regular sized to large cat I would recommend getting the larger size because almost half of the space is taken up by the grate. The grate also slides out so you can clean that area too, but the only stuff that goes through the grate is clean litter.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
That's identical to the litterbox Blaze uses but we had to take out the self-cleaning part, the box didn't seem big enough for him with it inside and (I think) the method of cleaning didn't work that well for it, it seemed just as much trouble as cleaning it ourselves... but if it works for you, that's great!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's identical to the litterbox Blaze uses but we had to take out the self-cleaning part, the box didn't seem big enough for him with it inside and (I think) the method of cleaning didn't work that well for it, it seemed just as much trouble as cleaning it ourselves... but if it works for you, that's great!

From what I read most kitties need the larger box. Gabby is only 8 pounds and the vet said on her frame she's a big too heavy. From what I've read a really good clumping litter is necessary. It's a bummer it didn't work out for Blaze.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Now that you've had this for a month, how's it working? Do you still like it? I'm kind of coveting that thing myself but don't want to waste money on it if it's useless.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My cats are too big for most boxes. We finally bought a storage box from Walmart for about $10 and cut a hole for the cat half-way up. Huge box, covered, and as easy to clean as a normal box. I'm lazy and cheap, can you tell?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts