Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cats keep pissing everywhere, mostly on clothes and plastic bags, it's really getting annoying.
I clean their freakin litter box all the time.
Anyone know what their problem is or what to do? They are 10 month old girls...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Have you cleaned with an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle? And how many boxes do you have? I would suggest at least 2, maybe even 3 since you are having problems.

·
Registered
122 Posts
get them spayed if they aren't already. clean the "pissed" areas with a good enzyme cleaning solution. make sure litterboxes are kept clean, should have at least 2 if not 3. if all checks out, bring to vet for UTI check.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Have you tried a different brand of litter? If they are finicky about the type of litter, they may not want to use it. How often do they use the box?

If you don't completely remove the urine scent, they will still smell it and think its a place to go.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just a note - kids may be on the site so it might be best to use "urinate" or "peed". Although I'm sure you are frustrated.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi,

I hope you take your kitties to the vet. Everything I read says that if they stop using the box then there might be a problem..

Hope you get your pee pee problem solved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They do use the litter boxes and I have 2 of them.
I don't know what possesses them to "urinate" everywhere.
I think it's just one cat though, not both of them.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You've already been given lots of helpful suggestions, including a trip to the vet to rule out a urinary tract infection, which is definitely possible. There is *always* a reason for this behavior, and a way to solve it, if you're willing to do a little research and have a little patience while you work with them.

For other ideas, you might want to take a look at the litter box articles here: http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?action=library

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
78 Posts

I've seen three cats in my family do this.

Growing up I had a female cat that would do this. But we realized she only did it when she was mad at someone in the house...usually my father...and usually in his shoe. :lol:

My great aunt's cat would also urinate on things despite having a clean litterbox. But we later realized that he would do this when my aunt would be out of the house for long periods of time.

The third cat was my mother's older cat. This cat started doing it out of the blue. Never did quite find out why she started doing it, there's 3 other cats in the house besides her. She never much cared for any of them but she always kept her distance. Everything was fine for a year and then she started urinating on the floor. We *think* she got tired of the younger cats and was doing this out of anger and frustration with them. They moved her to the spare bedroom...since then she hasn't urinated on the floor.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
My cats will do this if i leave carrier bags lying around on the floor, i dont know what it is but one of them pees on bags. Same with the bathroom, i i use to just leave the door open, now it has to always be closed otherwise there is a nice pile off turd sitting in the bath tub, besides not being very nice in what you wash yourself in, its embarassing if a guest uses your bathroom!
Try to keep the floors free of clothes, bags everything they pee on, and as others said use a good enzyme cleaner, ive found simple solution for cat spray/urine/sick etc etc, and it has a lively smell to it!
What ever you use to clean tho, make sure it soaks right into the carpets etc etc, just cleaning the top of the carpet off wont work, leave it to soak for a good while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts