Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today has been a day of milestones. First, the kittens turned one week old, and are already twice as big as when they were born. Second, kitten #1, our white boy, has one eye that is starting to open up. He seems to see at least the difference between light and dark now, and was doing a lot of looking up, then down, then up again.

They've now all started using their back legs to stand up on, and lil' Miss #2 (gray tabby) walked herself right out of the nest today and onto the tile floor. She started crying so Scully came over and they had a little conversation. Baby would mew, Scully would meow, Baby would mew louder. I don't think Scully realized that she'd have to pick the kitten up and put her back, so I did, to baby's protests.

Finally, Scully seems to at last be gaining some weight. Her spine isn't nearly as prominent or easily felt, so this is a good sign. I switched her to Wellness, and she seems to be eating better and feeling better.

I took some pics of the kittens now that they are a week old, I'll post them when I get a chance.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Okay, seriously...you must know by now that we are crazy cat people. You can't make mention of 1 week old kitten PICTURES and then casually say you'll post them later. Do you know the agony you are putting us through??

THE

PICTURES!

Pretty please!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Aww, Space me and you are right behind each other.. Tomorrow mine will be one week.. They are doubled in size allready. And the one orange one is opening his eyes. He's also the one to wonder outside of the group. Mommy comes right over and grabs him and puts him back though.

And like u mentioned about mommy's spine.. same with Baby *the mommy of my litter* you could feel she didnt have much meat but shes starting to eat more now.

CANT WAIT TO SEE THE PICS

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Wow they are so cuuuuuuuuuutteeeeee! I think they look like little teddy bears walking around. I love that last picture of the mommy using the kitten as the pillow, awwww :lol:

Please send me some kittens :!:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Other than some diarrhea (I think from the diet change), she's been doing great. So much has happened in one day. Our little white boy's eyes are almost completely open, and tortie girl's have started to open. We had to barricade off the closet, to make sure there were no escape attempts...though this morning, Scully did try to move the kittens into one of my parent's dresser drawers. So that was it for her around the house wanderings. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts