Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I know the danger.

It's a second bathroom that only gets used about once a month. He's only recently started playing in the toilet. I finally actually saw him in it. He has his back paws on the seat and his front paws in the bowl. Gets all wet, paws, body, neck.

I don't know if he's drinking or not. He has never had a thirst drive so I add about 1/4 - 1/3 cup water to his canned food and the vet said that should be enough hydration.

When I do put water down he eventually gets around to splashing it all out with his paws and I hate wet kitty paws running around my house.

I it weren't for a wet house I'd leave it open.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Shepherd Book is a toilet dweller. The second I go in there he starts hanging around for the flush. I always open the lid after I've flushed so he can watch the bowl fill back up and if I REALLY want to make his day, I give him a fresh flush so he can watch the water go down.

He climbs in as well, back feet on the seat and front feet in the water splashing. It's made me start cleaning the toilet 3 or 4 times a week :p and I don't use any tabs or hangy things anymore.

I added a rug to either side to catch the water and let him have at it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts