Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miss kitty rarely has trouble with her environment and the usual hazards for cats...but now she has found a new way to create danger for herself..
recently I replaced an old recliner with a new one that has a built in foot rest operated with a lever. (the old one had a separate footstool that miss kitty liked to sleep on) Now she crawls into the space between the chair and the "pop up" foot rest...several times she has almost been pinched in the mechanism...I have tried several things but this seems to be a new favorite place.....Not sure if there is any cure...if she ever is pinched she will probably know better next time but that is a painful way to do it.
(that is underneath the foot rest,,if she was on top I would see her.)

·
Registered
676 Posts
don: This is a large fear known by ferret owners. It's just best to NOT own a recliner for those whom own free roam ferrets.

I have on hear, but we rarely sit in it, and the law is if the ferrets out DO NOT TOUCH THAT CHAIR. lol

I've had some kittens with the same problem in the past, there is very little you can do, besides look before you sit down, and get off the chair over the side of it, so you don't really move the chair to get up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so far the simple solution seems to be working...I salvaged the footstool and placed it beside the recliner instead of in front...she much prefers the padded footrest and if she is not there I can look around for her. Also it is easier to pet her in this position. should have done this sooner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts