Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to post this in the Feral cat forum but it doesn't get visited as often as this one.
One of my ferals is being spayed today, she'll be discharged tomorrow. I know that ussualy one keeps them in a rec cage but right now I don't have recovery facilities (cage and quiet room) so I told at the clinic to keep her 1 extra day.
Now I think if that would be enough since there are kittens that really bug her to nurse tho they are weaned, sometimes she lets them and others she really tells them to get lost (growl, bat, bitelike, kick) I wonder how that'll work with her recent surgery, they literally attack her belly so..how much longer I should tell the vet to keep her do you think? Thank-you!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I've done zillions of spays for Alley Cat Allies and other feral caretaker groups. Usually a day is plenty of time for mom cats to get their bearings. If her kittens are nearly weaned, there shouldn't be any problem; believe me she will let them know if she doesn't want them nursing!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you Dr. Jean :D ..she'll be back with the others tomorrow, 1 day more won't hurt (only my pocket but I did take the responsability so..)yes, she rejects them most of the time but sometimes one or two kittens would try to get under her..she seems careful not to lay on her side :wink: Thanks again for a most valuable opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts