Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my cat Bow, I had her for 3 years. I've been lurking around the forums since I got her, but recently made an account to ask some questions that I haven't seen other people ask about before, at least to my knowledge since I've been looking.

She recently got a little red mark under her lip, not sure what that is. Just got it today and I was wondering if people knew what that is. I'll probably be taking her to the vet today or tomorrow, anyway though.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
She's your only cat, right? Otherwise, I would say it looks like a scratch from another cat. It's possible she may have cut her lip on something sharp? Little cuts and scratches usually heal up quickly in a few days, if that's what it is. If it's a little lump that is enlarging then it's something else....definitely need to see the vet. Give us an update on the vet's diagnosis. All the best!

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Hi there,

Is it just a mark or is there a bump? If it's a bump, it could be a "rat ulcer" (eosinophilic granuloma). One of my kitties had one. They're usually harmless and will go away on their own. If you look up pictures, some are really scary, but those kitties' owners must have ignored the issue for ages.

I'm glad that you'll be taking her to the vet to get it checked out. Hoping for a positive update! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts