Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I would like to ask your opinions or if you’ve ever had any encounter with something like this. It looks like a big pimple or a bite just below the chin, she has it for second day now. She is 8month indoor cat, is eating and does not show any signs of discomfort.
thank you

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,428 Posts
Many cats get acne there from eating out of plastic bowls.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Looks like feline eosinophilic granuloma complex (EGC) to me. We’ve seen it on a few of the rescue cats. All caused by food allergies in the situations I saw. Some we fed limited ingredient diet canned food. One we had to do a Hydrolyzed protein diet. A vet will know for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took a kitten to the vet for this a couple of weeks ago. The vet said it was quite common in cats. I have had one other cat in the past that had one and I have had lots of cats over the years. The condition has a big, long name. The vet said it was an auto immune thing. The kitten was given a quick acting steroid shot and a long lasting steroid shot. The bump was gone within 2-3 days. The vet did say it could come back though. With the previous cat I had that had this issue I only had to do two treatments in his lifetime. Oddly enough, both cats were of a yellow-orange color and males.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts