Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really looking for advice - I've been through this already & successfully recovered. I just need a place to express my frustration and sadness for my little girl :(

Something happened to our cat in the middle of the night. She might have fallen off the dresser (don't worry - she's not injured) while trying to play with the window blinds and now she's upset and directing her anger at everyone else in the house but most especially, the dog & peeing everywhere. :(

I just went through this a few months ago after she was frightened by the collapse of our closet organizer. Since then, she was back to snuggling with her dog sister and being a general lovely girl. But, we're back to having a crazy, scared little gremlin on our hands again.

My original method seemed to work wonders in rehabing her so I'm in "Phase 1" - currently separating her from everyone and letting her out in little (second long) spurts before she becomes aggressive again. She goes back into isolation as soon as she shows aggression.

I hope rehab goes more quickly this time around! I get so upset when she's upset like this. I just want her to be happy again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm soooo happy! It's been just two days of cat rehab and we're back to normal!

I'm actually surprised at how well the time-out method works. I haven't had to give her any time-outs today. She responded very well and she's been very happy all day. She's even back to laying around upside down like her old self. Yay! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts