Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent attempt to try and get my cats to switch to a healthier food I came across RedMoon pet food. Has anyone here tried them? I couldn't find any threads about them on the forum. They have been around for several years from what I can tell. So far they only sell dry kibble but since my girls are so darn difficult about their dry food I thought, if they are going to eat kibble I want it to be something healthy.

So RedMoon says their product is free of grain, gluten, wheat, corn, rice or soy and no meal or by-products. They also only use antibiotic and hormone-free meats which are human grade only. You also get two free customizable supplements when you "create" your own mix which was nice. I choose the digestive aid and hip & joint supplements.

My sample mix gets here Monday and I hope the girls will eat it (the boys will eat anything). It is pricey though and I hope if they like it that I can afford to keep feeding it to them. I was curious though if any of you have had experiences with their product good or bad?

I will let you all know how the girls respond to it. *Fingers Crossed*

Nerina~

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rocky's came up as....
Chicken Meal, Turkey, Potato, Potato Starch, Chicken Liver, Chicken Fat (Naturally Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols, A Source of Vitamin E), Sea Salt, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement,Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Beta-carotene, Niacin Supplement, Inosital, Thiamin Mononitrate, D-calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Selenium Methionine, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate.
For 59.99 for 14 lbs.

I would not pay the money for it when Rocky and Lily eat Merrick dry chicken which is 25 dollars for a 11 lb bag
Merrick
Chicken Deboned, Chicken Meal, Potato Dehydrated, Turkey Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols - a source of Natural Vitamin E), Sweet Potato Dehydrated, Dried Egg, Natural Flavor, Yeast Culture, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lysine, Sea Salt, Alfalfa, Salmon Oil, Choline Chloride, Acai Berry Freeze-Dried, Blueberry Dried, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Taurine, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Chondroitin Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chicory Root, Marigold Extract, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
What an absolute gimmick...please do not pay them crazy amounts of money for this kind of nonsense. Just buy a good food in your local pet store.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Yes--and please don't pay good money for kibble esp! They really should be eating canned food only--for all the reasons explained in the sticky at the top of this forum on why canned food is best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts