Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken a Reiki I attunement and I would like to eventually help cats when I have more experience. Does anyone have any stories or experiences with their cats and Reiki healing?
Sue

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reiki is absolutely not a religious belief. It is supposed to be a healing force that can be directed into the body of those who want its healing. It is never to be used instead of traditional medicine. Many highly respected medical groups are beggining to have Reiki programs including the Cleveland Clinic.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I will have to read the links. Can it be used on people for things like CFS? At this point I'll be willing to be once of your practice animals.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
it certainly sounds interesting but I often wonder if these 'alternative' therapies are just licenses to print money.

Is there concrete evidence that this technique is benefical?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Leazie said:
I will have to read the links. Can it be used on people for things like CFS? At this point I'll be willing to be once of your practice animals.
I have a friend of a friend who used Reiki to cure her from CFS, and it worked. So that's encouraging.

I find it difficult to grasp healing techniques like this... That doesn't mean it isn't beneficial though; it's a fault on my part, I wish I could get my mind around healing methods like Reiki.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truthfully there is a lot about Reiki that I am still looking into. As for credentails and licensing there is vertually nothing required beyond the attunements. I am very sure there are many charlatans out there in addition to those who have studied extensively. The man I took Reiki I from is affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic and has a PhD in Psychology. I recently read a book about Reiki written by a man who is selling CD's which he claims will take you all the way through to master level. I hav even seen Reiki sessions offered for sale on e-bay. So as you see the credibility is all over the board. I tend to be extremely skeptical of things like this and am moving very cautiously. That is one of the reasons I asked if anyone in this group has any Reiki stories. I am reading a book right now about Animal Reiki that makes many claims and has several anecdotes of success. The reason I decided to do it was in hopes of helping my FeLV + kitty, Buzz. I also have friends with MS who have taken Reiki treatments. I will soon be volunteering for a local Reiki clinic that is affiliated with Ursuline College to get experience. They treat people with cancer and all kinds of serious illnesses. My teacher works with this clinic and he claims that he has seen many people be helped. Again I stress, Reiki is to be done IN ADDITION TO traditional medical treatment. Anyway, I would like to know anyones experiences with Reiki and if anyone is interested I will post what I find out as I continue to learn. I am scheduled to take Reiki II in June.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Oh yes, I would love to hear how things go for you.

You can't get much better than the Cleveland Clinic. I was there when I first got sick and they were amazing. They are on the leading edge of treatment for a lot of diseases.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts