Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember when I posted the pictures of Beau? My friend adopted him about a month or so ago. He is 8 yrs old and his owner was put into a hospice, so my friend adopted him. Well, this weekend, my friend brought him home from the city to his parents house which is in the suburbs. He wanted Beau to get used to it since he will be there a lot in the summer. Well, my friend's dad was doing work on the house so my friend told him to put Beau in his room if he was going to do work. Well, his dad didnt, and Beau got out. Now he is lost. Its been over 24 hours. It was his first time at the house... I am SO upset! My friend feels so guilty and is telling himself it is all his fault... and he is very angry with his dad. My friend just had to put his cat to sleep months ago and he was devastated. Beau really made his face light up.... and now we just dont know what to do. He is putting flyers up all over the neighborhood.
Does anyone have any advice? Beau is a people lover... but he is also very skiddish. I cant imagine he went far, but its been 24 hours! And it has been pouring rain this whole day.... What should we do????
Here is a picture of him:
[/img]

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
There's a sticky at the top of the Cat Chat section called "steps to take if your kitty is missing" There are some good tips there... I'm sorry to hear about Beau, hopefully he'll be found soon!

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
I am SO SORRY to hear about that. :cry: Does your friend have a garage? If so, does the door come all the way to the ground? If not and it leaves a gap of a few inches, Beau could have sought shelter in the garage.

In October 2003, my Munchie got out when a basement window blew open in high winds. I too put flyers all over the neighborhood. Three nights later while searching for him at 1:45am, I had happened to shine my flashlight into the garage. I saw Munchie perched on top of the patio furniture stored in the garage.

Anyway, I wish you and your friend the best of luck in finding Beau.

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
He could be trying to find his way home, especially if he had only been at the new house for one day. I hope he turns up :cry:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:cry: :cry: :cry: No word on Beau yet.... it stopped raining yesterday and it has been beautiful today. But he hasnt come back. I just dont know what to do... its been since Sunday. And my friend had to go back home to the city, so his parents are the only ones home.... He has posted flyers all over plus. put them in the mailboxes of the closest hundred homes to his parents... Is there any hope???
It was only Beau's first time at the house...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
He needs to make sure the local shelters know that he is looking for the cat. Also, is there a way your friend's parents can set up a trap? This might lure him home if there is stinky food inside the trap.

·
Registered
589 Posts
:cry: Keep us updated on your search. I really hope u find him. Since he has only been at your house for a month would there be any chance of him trying to go back to his old home? Just an thought.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am sending all my positive vibes over to Beau....
Let us know what happens please.
I also agree with the posters, even flyers - I did that when my cat escaped. I thought he'd never come home, and seven days later he showed up.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
still no news on Beau. I guess if it wasnt his first time at the house, we'd all feel a lot better about it. But he must have been so scared about construction that my friends dad was doing, he ran out the door w/o thinking. Now my friend is blaming himself saying he should have just put him into his room before he left.... I dont want him to blame himself. He adopted Beau, when probably a lot of other people found out he was 8 years old and said "eh, I want a kitten..." my friend didnt do that.. he took him and made him happy. UGH. It breaks me heart.
The hardest thing about this is that we have no idea where he is or how he is.... He's not my cat, but I feel like he is... I feel an empty spot in my heart now.
Its been 6 days guys... and its been raning a lot.. and tomorrow is going to be a downpour. My only hope is that he is living with a nice family and then eventually that family will see my friend's flyers...
I miss you Beau :(

·
Registered
521 Posts
if it helps, i beleive that God does not let animals suffer. im praying realy hard for beau... :cry: hopefully he has found a place to stay warm and dry :( if the very worst happened, he will go to heaven, and wait for you and your friend there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts