Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are sanding and painting all the wood trim in our house white. We started in the dining room and got the whole room painted and accessorized too so we had something to look to as motivation to continue on with the rest of the trim in the house. It's a big chore! Anyways, the previous owners painted that room yellow...baby poop yellow as I call it! I never liked it and after 2 years of living here, I finally got around to painting! :D Oh, and the light fixture is brushed nickel but the flash of the camera makes it look brass. :oops:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Wow, Heather! I love your china cabinet! I want a good-size one so bad but our dining room really isn't fit for a huge one. Actually, we could stand a whole new dining set but I think we're gonna wait a couple years until the kids are more out of the messy stage. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Same here. :(

But the after is gorgeous! :D

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! And, hmmmm, not sure why you can't see my "before" pics. I will have to try and upload to a different host other than Picasa I guess!

·
Registered
928 Posts
My computer isn't showing the before either. :? But I like the after photo! Must be nice to change things around in your house. We're renting and the owners have painted the walls and trim really bright colours that don't match at all. It drives me insane!

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Heather, the reason your "before" pic isn't showing is the spaces in the filename (represented as %20 which is the escaped ascii code for the space character) If you change the filename using underscores or hyphens to replace the space then it should show up OK. The problem is the BBCode parser -- it doesn't handle spaces well. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Heather what a beautiful diningroom. Nice job. Can I suggest some nice heavy crown molding around the cieling?
White always sets off a room nicely. Great choice! I love painted molding. Must be from living in the South for some many years!

·
Registered
257 Posts
What a lovely room - I especially like the design on the wall facing us - is that painted or is it a cast iron decorative hanging?? It looks really striking - great job!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts