Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have cat hair everywhere, especially from Twinkie. He's a bit more longer haired, but what is the best way to remove hair from black shirts, and luggage and coats, etc? I saw a hair/lint remover that is battery operated like lint shaver so just wondering if anyone tried that. 8)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't know what this product is called, but a friend who has three cats has a thing for removing fur. It's a bit like a big roll of masking tape, but with the sticky on the outside, and it's attatched to a handle so you roll it over the surface and it picks up the hair.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
That gadget works well, Majicou. I have a rubber brush that came with the "yellow top" rubber broom, and that works well on sofas, chairs, coats, and other heavy things, even the dog!

Maybe the best gadget is not a gadget! Maybe we'll have to stop wearing black and navy blue! :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have 3 things here, a velvety lint brush I'm not sure what it's called, but it's got a black handle, and the velvety type of material on it is red. That works pretty well.
I also have one of those pet lint rollers (the sticky tape rolls) they are far too expensive to keep on buying for the amount of times I need it, lol.
Then I have a rubber brush I bought from Petco, it's a WONDERFUL brush I use on many different animals, it also works well to get fur and dander off of clothes, furniture, beds etc.

There was another one I don't own but have used, it's like a squeege, but for pet fur instead of water. I'm not sure if you can use it on clothes, but I know you can furniture.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I use the pet hair roller on my clothes--it works great.

For the furniture, I just use the vacuum hose with the little brush attachment--then sometimes follow up with the pet hair roller, if I need to.

·
Registered
917 Posts
ghetto version of the masking tape roller- just wrap some masking tape around your hand, sticky side out, loose enough that it can turn easily. then just run your hand over whatever needs to be de-furred.

·
Registered
676 Posts
faile: lol, yeah I've used that old trick before. I started it because it's a great way to get fuzz off of the old style speakers with the tight mesh netting on the front, so you wouldn't ruin it by picking it off with your fingers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Majicou said:
I don't know what this product is called, but a friend who has three cats has a thing for removing fur. It's a bit like a big roll of masking tape, but with the sticky on the outside, and it's attatched to a handle so you roll it over the surface and it picks up the hair.
This is what I use on clothes. He hasn't been much a problem elsewhere since we have leather couches. We also have a small shop vac that we use elsewhere.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tips, its pretty much all Twinkie's hair that is mostly needing to come off of my clothes and luggage! Thank goodness his hair isnt much longer/thicker! <<))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts