Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I want to report this so that like people could be warned or something and hopefully it wont happen again. To make it short, my friends Tasha, Rachel and I almost got picked up in some car. But I dont know where to call. 911? I'm just not sure because your supposed to call that for emergencies. I'm planning on describing the car and what happend and stuff.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Oh my gosh that is so terrible!!! 8O Before you do ANYTHING be sure to talk to your mom & dad first. Then see what they say.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they already know what happend but I dont know if they'll let me report it because I probably wont be able to stop those people. But it was really scary and I dont want any other girls to get so scared like we were.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you I found it :D I'm just scared they'll ask my parents and I to like come into the police station. Are we going to have to go up there? or can I just still call and tell the police

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
They may want you and your friends to give a statement, which you would need to do in person. No need to be fearful -- it's scarier to think that whoever tried to pick you girls up is still out there.

You can do it, and it's important that the information be made public. I know you and your friends would feel horrible if this happened to someone else. Better to speak to the police so they and others can be on the lookout.

·
Registered
333 Posts
How old are you and your friends?

Did some people use physical coercion and attempt to force you, literally, into their car?

If something this dangerous happened to you, you absolutely must report the incident to your local police. Please don't be frightened about telling your story, along with a description of the car and the people involved. The next group of girls might not be as clear-headed or as brave as you are, and they could easily become victims.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me and Rachel are 14, and Tasha turns 14 in May. No they didnt say anything and we never saw them because the windows were like too tinted dark. They just followed Tasha and she went to the nearest house and rang the doorbell and banged on the door and the car was sitting in the driveway next to her the whole time and then they finally left and they came back out to the entrance and sat there for like 5 min looking for me and Rachel or something.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's a really scary story, Alicia, especially because you and your friends are teenagers. I hope you wrote down the creepy car's license plate number?

Most men would never harm you. In fact, most men would help you or protect you if you were in trouble. But, it's clear that the guys in that car are members of the tiny minority that you need to fear and flee.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, theres some bad people out there. But no I didnt even look at the license plate number because the car was already gone when I was trying to look where it went and when it came back out we were too far away to be able to tell.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
The police need to know this is going on so they can keep an eye out for this. So they know this is a problem in your area. They might come to your house to take a statement if you want. I know they would here in Arizona. Just their extra presence in the area might discourge these creeps from hanging around trying it on someone else. It needs to be reported immediately. So glad you are OK.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
lymekaps said:
shengmei said:
Actually filing an online report is probably better, as they will have a record of it.
Any time a crime is reported, the police fill out a report. :wink:

I've never heard of reporting a crime online. That sounds like potential for abuse. 8O

I agree.

And you should go to your local police station (you and your friends...your parents can go, too) and let them know what happened. They'll be happy you came in to let them know about it -- they'll take a statement and then they'll be able to look out for this car.

·
Banned
120 Posts
shengmei said:
Actually filing an online report is probably better, as they will have a record of it.
No. That's NOT a good idea. I have NO IDEA why that would be better.
Please take your parents, or someone with you that will make you feel a bit more comfortable and file a report.

It's for your safety and others.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Were all thinking about reporting it, but they have stopped talking about it now and I guess are brushing it off. Tasha was saying we were going to do it at her aunts house and the police would come and like we would have to say what happend. I'm just scared of police and talking to them in person :lol: So I dont think were going to report it anymore but I still want to call. Could I call and they wouldnt have to come here?

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
In College Station, we use the online reporting system for anything that is a non-emergency, especially for bikes being stolen. If you call the non-emergency police number a lot of times there is nobody even there. When they answer, they don't seem to care that your only transportation is stolen. For me online reporting has always been more efficient because they actually have a record of it and they seem to care more if you have an official report. But then it is only for College Station......

However, nothing ever happens in College Station.....a couple of years ago a lot of international students got beat up by drunk white guys because they looked like terriorists........but nothing had happened for the last two or three years, so people wouldn't abuse the online reporting system.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts