Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is probably a really stupid idea, but I got to thinking, I've heard of people that take in or help house loving cat's that could use a home, who are otherwise appear to be unwanted. Tevy, for example, might not be here today if it wasn't for the fact my neighbor had got them from who knows who/where and I took her in and cared for her around the clock and just recently took her to the vet. She checked out pretty good, a few minor things we took care of, but the vet gave her med's for a bacterial infection he figured she had. It just hurts me to think if I didn't actually have the heart to take her, she could have died a horrible, drawn out death by various bugs/bacteria etc. Another reason I thought of this was I remembered how there is this feral/stray? tom cat that I occasionally put food out for him and other cats to eat that wander around here every once in a while. I'd love to take him in but he's far too skiddish. I know millions of animals are getting put down for lack of room at shelters, but there is probably a pretty big percentage that die out in the streets, too.

I just think it would be great for people who have rescue stories or who work with shelters to where they try to find new loving homes for those otherwise unwanted cats to be able to share stories and it might attact others to help out in some way, too. I know I'd love to have some sort of rescue where I could take in cats that were abandoned or left to die etc and get them a clean bill of health and find the loving homes they deserve. I know a section was recently added for cats in need of homes, but my idea was a little different if I projected it right, chances are I didn't. :? I just lost in mind thoughts and ramblings, sorry. I hope you didn't mind reading all that, and I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks, even if it won't make a section, maybe we could make a topic about it in one of already created sections? *shrugs* I look forward to hearing from all of you. I really love this forum and the members are exceptional people!

- Randy

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
BlueAnimal you’re a class act yourself. it's great that you took in your kitty and have become inspired to help other cats in need.

i think we have two separate forums that fit your thoughts.

The "Cat Tails" forum is where others and you can share their stories of helping to rescue cats from a bleak future.

And the "Cats In Need" forum can be used to alert others that there is a rescued cat available for adoption.

thank you for sharing your great intentions and thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts