Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didn’t rescue the cat from the house fire but the house is in my neighborhood and it was rescued by are FD and was even in our newspaper. Any way we now have the cat at our house until we can locate its family. It smells like smoke real bad and I really want to get rid of that for the cat. I need someone to recommend me a great shampoo so I can give it another bath. The cat is doing great and I want to do everything for it I can. Please someone let me know what I can do

Thanks
J.Jones

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Good for you to keep the baby until the home can be found!

Johnson's baby shampoo will do in a pinch if you can't find a cat shampoo (might be able to find cat products even at a grocery store). Don't get it near the eyes and rinse like crazy to get all the residue out.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
28 Posts
fabric softener

I'm not sure if this is the healthiest thing (since cat's lick themselves) But none of mine have ever had a problem....
I rescued a cat who smelled like a mixture of mothballs and urine....YUCK! After giving him a bath & he had licked himself damp, I rubbed a dryer sheet over him. The smell wasn't completely gone until the 2nd bath with dryer sheet treatement but I think it would have worked the first time if I had let him "air-out" for a few days. I hope this helps!!! What a lucky kitty to have you!!! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts