Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Phoenix, Tiger & Crackhead!!!
227 Posts
Aw, look at the kitty! Good on ya for rescuing the little guy! Rescue cats are the best, I'd swear they love ya even more when ya rescue them! It's like they KNOW what you've done for 'em, lol... all my cats are rescues of one sort or another, even if they're from the local shelter. I don't support breeding, especially "back yard breeders"---there are too many cats waiting to be rescued as it is. :(

On a personal level, I never had kids, though I never felt left out because I still had 20 nieces & nephews... whenever the subject arose in conversation with friends, I always maintained that I would ADOPT a kid who needed a home. I get the part about how some folks want biological children, but I'm not that picky, lol. Well, I WASN'T that picky, I'm pretty sure that window has closed for good, but ya never know. :oops:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wow how gorgeous is that cat! I don't know what breed the cat is and being feral he may very well be a complete mongrel mix, but he looks fantastic. If you don't ever figure out a breed to call this cat, make something up just for fun. This cat looks like a purebred something!

·
Registered
Phoenix, Tiger & Crackhead!!!
227 Posts
Perhaps a bit o' blarney is acceptable here... if some condescending and high-falutin' snob asks you what breed of cat you have, just say, "He's a Miniature Snow Leopard!!!" :)

Or you can cook up some exotic breed: "He's a Rastafarian Cat from Jamaica!!!" o_O

Maybe throw a little philosophy into the mix, and call him a 'Nietzschean Cat!!!' :unsure:

"WHAT DOES NOT KILL ME MAKES ME STRONGER..." :oops:

You have options when it comes to slingin' the blarney... I have faith in ya, I know you'll make the right decision, lol. ;)

Edit: Had the quote wrong, so I changed it to the original by Nietzsche. Cheers!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I googled. Still don't know breed, but I'd say he's a very light gray tabby which basically describes his pretty coloring. On a personal note, I did come across something very interesting. My Katie is a gray and white tabby and...

"Gray tabbies are usually friendly, but often lazy. In different parts of the world, most gray tabby cats are known to get along with people very well. But since they are friendly and affectionate, they do not exert much effort physically".

Well THAT explains a lot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts