Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I just got my license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I nearly didn't; I was so nervous that I went way too fast into my first turn, yet I managed to parallel park. But yeah, I got it. YES!

Thought it would be fair to warn everyone. And also I'm obligated to make everyone else feel really old. :wink Kidding of course! :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! :) No hard feelings, right Susan? With age comes experience and wisdom, right? *runs away*

raecarrow-I'm pretty sure thats what my mom is thinking right now. I probably gave everyone a nervous breakdown.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Oh you scared me for a minute.. >< although I'm not from Texas. Congrats! I don't want to drive because I'm scared. I rather go green and take transportation.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congratulations! :) Haha, I still do not know how to parallel park...I mean, I guess I could manage if I HAD to, but I'm horrific at it. Thankfully for me, that was never part of the CA driving test...at least not at my DMV. lol.

konstargirl - you are so lucky you HAVE public transportation! You really have to have a car in CA...I love driving, but I'd love to take public transportation to save money! Gas gets EXPENSIVE! (And car insurance, and maintenance, and all the rest..)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
konstar: If I could I would walk. Our town doesn't even have a stop light-just a blinker. But I live outside the main part of town by the cows and maize/cotton fields :) For a while I'm probably just going to take myself to school and band practice haha.

ydaisies: Oh yeah, parallel parking was NOT fun. My test was really short. Just down 60 (the highway) and 3 stop signs. I literally went in a square...

Heather: For now! I've actually never been out of state before. But I might make a trip just for you haha. Watch out.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
If you means SH 60, then I am safe in the Metroplex. Whew. Congrats!

·
Registered
293 Posts
A driver's license is a wonderful thing. Enjoy the freedom and be very, very careful!

My sixteen year old nephew (love of my life) wants a car (and I usually buy him everything he wants) but it scares the crap out of me. I have a little gutless Suzuki I think I'll give him, but he's so big! 6'2, size 15 (yes, you read right, 15!!!) shoe that he doesn't fit very well in it. Besides, he just showed a REALLY, REALLY poor judgment when he accidently shot a neighbor's car window out with a pellet gun. He had bottles lined up in the driveway and was shooting toward the street. I knew it was a bad idea. Thankfully, that's one thing I would never buy him. His dumb*** father is responsible for that one!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! :)

Oh! I will for sure. I haven't gotten the nerve yet to drive on my own. I wish I had an awesome aunt who bought me stuff. Move to Texas? Please? Haha right now we are a 2 vehicle household. I'd settle for a used car. I just really want to be able to get to school and etc on my own. Getting to school at 7 when the bell doesn't ring til 7:55 is no fun. No bueno :( But I'm just whining now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts