Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again, I'm a returning member from a few years ago. Our family includes two cats, Raven and Chucky, adopted when my husband and I were newlyweds.

We adopted Raven first, the sweetest little girl kitty with the silkiest all black fur. When we got her, she was maybe about 7-8 weeks old, curious and rambunctious.

We lived in a very small apartment at the time, and only planned on getting one cat, but my husband felt like Raven wanted a companion. So we adopted Chucky. He's got orange-on-orange leopard spots. We were told by the people that bred him that he was 8 weeks old, but there was no way he was more than 6. We suspect they anticipated having a hard time getting rid of the kittens, so lied about their age so they could start early.

Chucky was not in the best health when we first brought him home, but Raven suddenly transformed from mischievous kitten into nurturing mama. Somehow, at only 9 months old, she knew exactly how to take care of this poor kitten. He had a cold, and his eyes were crusted shut. He had terrible fleas, and had not been litterbox trained. Raven took care of all of it.

I started my original account to enquire about a problem we were having with Chucky sucking on blankets and constantly kneading us while we were trying to sleep. We got some great advice here, and eventually stopped the problem. A couple of years later when we moved, I forgot my login credentials, no longer had access to the old email account, so I lurked as a guest for a while without posting.

Our family has expanded to include a human baby boy, who will be 2 years next month, and he now has a little sister on the way, due on New Year's.

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Welcome back! (Cinnamon?)

Looking forward to new pictures and stories!

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Great! Keep posting as Cinnamon and I'll close the other account.

Again, welcome back!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts