Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed within the last few days, around Friday that Reyna hasn't been eating her food which is ontop of the cat tree in the spare room. She'll eat it if I'm up there with her and bring her a handful down and stand with her until she finishes it but won't climb up and eat it herself anymore.

What she's been doing is eating Bosco's food. Which is unacceptable as his is to control his weight and diabetes, it can't be good for her to be on it and I'm sure Bosco isn't impressed as he gets 1/2 cup twice a day and now little miss is eating most of it on him leaving him to walk around the hosue meowing frantically. Not only that as he's not getting his right amount his sugar is going wonky.

The only thing that is new is that we moved the computers from the spare room to the living room this past weekend as it's cooler downstairs, we have a window AC and there isn't window AC in that room so it can get very hot in there. I do keep a fan in there on however as there is the main water bowl in there as well as Reyna's food. The animals used to spend allot of time in there with us but now they spend their time downstairs with us. It's also been very hot here since Friday and I know heat will cause dogs to not eat like usual but does it do it to cats as well?

Any ideas why she's doing this? She's never been very interested in Bosco's food before, she'd sniff it and maybe take a few kibbles out of the dish adn play with them but never ate them as far as we could see. But now she polps herself down adn muches away when she has a full dish on the cat tree upstairs. I've been wondering if I should take a trip to the pet store and buy some wet food and do the switchover to a full wet diet now as she still loves her wet food treats she gets once every day or so.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bosco will shove her out of the way and eat it on her, he can't have her food either as his suagr will go wonky. She only nibbles throughout the day so there is always food sitting in her bowl.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
If you are normally in the room with her I bet she gets lonely in there now.

Can you move the cat tree to where the computers are now?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense, I figured it was just because the room was hot, so thats when I put the fan in there but she still won't go in there unless I'm in there or upstairs in general.

Not an option, there isn't an free space by the walls to put it, if its not by a wall it tends to topple with the two crazies jumping after each other on it. That and its a major pain to get up and down the stairs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts