Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bunny Riley is getting neutered now. I'm very nervous that something will happen. :( I mean he is two years old & he should have been neutered at 6 mo. :( I'm very worried & nervous. I hope everything turns out ok. He's healthy and all but it's more tedious on bunnies than dogs or cats. Right now we have his cage in the mudroom because he has to be monitored. Please pray for Riley & keep him in your thoughts.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
He will be fine :)
I got my male rescue rabbit nutered at about 9 months so he could live with my females, he did fine. Even now 2 years later he still tries to get it on with them ;)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I'm sure he'll do great. :D

I was really worried when Angel was spayed, but she did fine, and 2 years is still pretty young in a rabbit :)

Keep us posted :D

PS- what made you decide to get him neutered? I mean, it's GREAT that you did :D , but did he start having behavior problems or something?

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
Fingers crossed for Riley, I'm sure he'll be fine. Its important that rabbits keep eating, so try and get him to eat as soon as he comes home :D

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I hope Riley had an easy and successful surgery. :D Two years is definatly not too old to be neutered. My rabbit was neutered by the shelter I got him from when he was four and did just fine. :D

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I had a friend whose drunk uncle (a retired vet) neutered all her boys on the kitchen counter with kitchen knives one night after a couple of beers.

If a person can successfully neuter cats while drunk and using kitchen knives on a kitchen counter without painkillers, I would not worry about neutering...

Just my opinion.

With animals like goats, you just put rubber bands on the :oops: :oops: and they fall right off.

Neutering is a simple procedure, regardless of the species involved.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
For rabbits, it is not the procedure itself that poses the most risk, but the anesthesia.
Thankfully, though, even thats not much of a risk anymore if you go with a qualified vet.

And frankly, everytime you mention your friend and her drunk uncle, it horrifies me. Just because the poor cats survived, doesn't make it safe or humane. If it were me, I wouldn't be condoning it.

and Catlover, please let us know how your bunny did! :D

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I'm sorry if I am speaking out of turn but with all due respect I find the talk of drunken neuterings a little tasteless and inappropriate, given the fact that catlover is concerned about her little boy.

Catlover, I am sure Riley is going to be absolutely fine :) He is in very safe hands with the vet and will have you to look after him when he gets home which will make his recuperation much nicer for him :)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry I took so long to updated. Riley is doing fine. His surgery went fine. :D I got him neutered because one it's humane & two because he is at risk for cancer. He is doing good. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts