Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've read, I gather that ringworm of the body has a much shorter incubation period than RW of the scalp. My question is whether RW of the scalp can only cause ringworm of the scalp . . . and RW of the body only cause RW of the body? Or can each of them cause the other?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
"Fitty Pisky came down with ringworm shortly after I bought him. It spread to my older cat "Zuba" after a month or so and to myself on my neck and cheek. It was nasty to get rid of. I used the Clotrimazole cream on the lesions available from a pharmacy, and washed floors, wiped down all surfaces, baseboards, etc. every week, with a hospital-grade anti-virus, anti-fungal liquid called Simple Green d Pro3 that was mixed with water (maybe only available in Canada?). I finally got rid of the ringworm fungus after three to four months of treatment. Wish you luck, it's a tremendous amount of work that you really have to do diligently to eliminate this nasty fungus spores from your environment.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info about the Simple Green. It is available on Amazon . . . though I've already ordered something called Dry-33, which sounds like it's similar.

My tiny foster kitten caught this two days after being exposed to another kitten who had it. The shelter has me treating him with a daily dose of Terbinafine. Also MiconaHex+Triz shampoo and Ketoseb+PS mousse on alternate days. And I'm spot treating his affected areas with a lime sulfur dip---though I'm not dipping him since they are around his eyes and mouth.

Also cleaning and laundering like mad . . . and keeping fingers crossed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts