Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Gathered a few pictures of Riot.

With his best bud Link

Ruby, Riot and Lincoln eating. Ruby is my 10 year old female poodle mix. She tends to keep to herself but eats with the others

Hes 14 weeks old now, getting huge. Goes to the vet at the end of this month.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I don't see the pic of the 3 eating together, but the other two are very sweet----best buds indeed!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Marie73, the picture if too graphic to show what they are eating. So I edited the food out. Heres the new picture.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Thanks for the edit -- I have a feeling I'd be one of the people whose sensitivities they're thinking of.

Your dogs and kitty are adorable! That second picture in the chair is just precious.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I *love* the pics in the chair! I also like seeing how they're fed on a blanket in the kitchen. I had always wondered how to keep the house clean if I fed raw.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Riot is a very confident, relaxed kitty (tail up!) to be eat raw food between two dogs!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heidi, thats not my kitchen LOL. Thats my open concept basement. I prefer to sleep down there so I moved my bed down there. Its cooler in the winter and summer months. The animals prefer to be down there as well but they are able to go upstairs if they want. Its easier for me to feed them down there because thats where I keep all my meat in freezers.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Bwahahahahah! I *loved* how Riot leapt at Lincoln! Our cats would play with Fang the same way. She'd open-mouth them and they'd leap at her face. Fang also 'talked' when they played, a lot of moans, groans and whines, the noises sort of "egged the cats on" because they really thought they were making progress with 'subduing' her. Crazy kittehs!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Those videos are precious! I hope my kitten gets along with our new puppy that well. Riot is adorable, what a perfect name. The dog is gorgeous, too!

I don't quite understand having to edit out the food. It's not like they're torturing and eating live baby bunnies or something, is it? (Forgive my ignorance, I'm obviously new here!).

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
The videos are great! Lincoln is so patient and Riot is so brave. That was really entertaining and they're both adorable. You must spend a lot of time watching them do that!

About the food, I'm squeamish about seeing any dead animal, like roadkill on the highway, etc., and am really -- okay, start the debate -- grossed out at the thought of raw feeding. Let's face it, it's not for everyone. The thought of seeing, handling, or feeding dead animals just makes me squirm, both because of their deadness and because it seems so unfair that some animals are set up to be the food chain for another species. Some people have mice and rabbits as pets. How would they feel about their pets being fed to another animal? (And no, I don't eat mammals either.) And as we've seen on the forum before, if something has the potential to bother or upset other members, they tend to ask the poster to tone it down somehow, which the OP did beautifully with the white smudges. :)

One misgiving I have about the new site layout is that when you first logon, you see all of the active posts but not what section they were in. I've sometimes mistakenly opened a thread in the Raw Feeding section not knowing it was about that . . . and wow, did I close that baby fast.

·
Registered
260 Posts
About the food, I'm squeamish about seeing any dead animal, like roadkill on the highway, etc., and am really -- okay, start the debate -- grossed out at the thought of raw feeding. Let's face it, it's not for everyone. The thought of seeing, handling, or feeding dead animals just makes me squirm, both because of their deadness and because it seems so unfair that some animals are set up to be the food chain for another species. Some people have mice and rabbits as pets. How would they feel about their pets being fed to another animal? (And no, I don't eat mammals either.) And as we've seen on the forum before, if something has the potential to bother or upset other members, they tend to ask the poster to tone it down somehow, which the OP did beautifully with the white smudges. :)
Thanks for the clarification! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts