Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln met my friends 14 and 11 year old Dalmatians. The 14 year old (black spots) is the father to the 11 year old (lemon spots). He did really well.

Eating his peanut butter filled kong

And cannot forget the younger guy

Never got a pic of Lincoln, he was to busy being greedy and hogging the remainder two kongs he didnt feel the need to share..

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Looks like Riot did great with the new dogs. Do Dals live long lives? 14yrs old for a large dog seems 'old' to me, and that 14yr old doesn't *look* old to me, either!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dalmatians this day in age tend to be lucky to hit 12. His are not inbred as the father and mother to the black spotted guy were registered. They just never bothered to register the litter. The Black spotted guy was bred to a registered female. So they are not inbred at all. They also are not deaf (they were BAER tested) which is also rare to find these days. A lot of people think Dalmatians are nasty, which some are I will admit. But its mostly the deaf ones or the ones going deaf that are mean because they are spooked (because they cannot hear). Lincoln was attacked by a Dal once. I thought I could never trust them again until I met these two. I kinda looked at it and was like yeah it is kinda stupid to blame the breed. Like saying all Pit bulls are mean type thing when they arent, its how they are raised :). These dogs have never seen a vet for anything except when they had a case of worms (dog at new house had worms and they got into poop)..that was it.

I *believe* that the reason why his are living this long is the good diet they are fed and the very very limited vaccines they ever had. They only ever seen two vaccines aside from their puppy shots. They do not act their age and dont really look it. Even their teeth are pearly white...

Riot when first meeting them puffed up, then was like oh ok your friendly. Then he pulled ambush attacks on them all night.

I think I need to go to bed, gotta get up early according to my younger sister to open presents...sigh. If it were up to me I would wait till noon.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Who knew Dalmatians had anything other than black spots?! Cute pictures. It looks like the dogs are comfortable with little Lincoln underfoot. :)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Dalmatians! :love2 They have a special place in my heart. Mine lived just shy of his 12th birthday and had to be put down due to cancer, so I'm really happy to hear that these guys are years older, and seem to be happy and healthy! And so good with little Riot too! He looks like he had fun with his new friends. Thanks for sharing. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts