Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this beast climbed up in a tree near our house.. or actually *IN* our house. Scary creature.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a question for you. If I am correct and these two cats are siamese, are they mean? I have heard from a couple of people that siamese can be mean. Nothing against your cats, but just trying to get my facts straight. I love the coloring of these cats, but have never gotten one. One actually bit my nose once when I was petting him. Don't know if he just had an attitude or what. TIA!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k_lo86 said:
I have a question for you. If I am correct and these two cats are siamese, are they mean? I have heard from a couple of people that siamese can be mean. Nothing against your cats, but just trying to get my facts straight. I love the coloring of these cats, but have never gotten one. One actually bit my nose once when I was petting him. Don't know if he just had an attitude or what. TIA!!!
Well, many people might think Siamese are mean cats because of their looks, with slanted eyes and in Europe also a wedge shaped head. But that's so far from the truth you could get. Siamese are the most sucky cats you can find. They suck up to any human to get love, food, treat and attention. There's no evil bone in them!

I've had families visiting with very young children and even when the cats were younger (still kittens themselves) they have never used their teeth or claws to play with the children (or grown-ups). Its like the instinctively knows that you shouldn't use claws or teeth when playing with humans.

Sam and Suzy are not special in any way, when I describe their nature and temperament to other Siamese owners they says "yeah, our cats does that too". So it's just a misconception that Siamese would be mean cats.

Sam and Suzy love to have their belly rubbed, they flop themselves on their backs to show you their tummy so you can rub it. They play fetch with their toy mice and follow your every step you take. They love human attention and wants to be around you, even if you're working or sleeping. They want to be where you are.... even when you visit the bathroom. Siamese are so social so that if they are alone much they will get depressed, so that's why you often see more than one cat in the company of a Siamese, because it just hates to be alone.

So, I suggest you meet a Siamese in person one day and let them charm your socks off. They will, I can promise you that! Everyone, even those who really don't like cats, falls in love with Siamese cats because "they are so dog like". And who can avoid loving two cats who sits and wait by the door when you come home (even if it's just to go out and pick up the mail) or who comes and greet every visitor with their tail high and with a curious look "who's coming to play with us now?".

If you don't fall in love with a Siamese once you've met one... something is very wrong. :D

(Oh, and my mother-in-law also thought that Siamese were mean because one cat once had jumped down on her from a refridgerator.... had nothing to do with a mean streak, the cat just found a smart way to get down from the fridge and used MIL as a stepping stone to get down). :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
(Oh, and my mother-in-law also thought that Siamese were mean because one cat once had jumped down on her from a refridgerator.... had nothing to do with a mean streak, the cat just found a smart way to get down from the fridge and used MIL as a stepping stone to get down).
LOL :D

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
CyberPet said:
If you don't fall in love with a Siamese once you've met one... something is very wrong.
I have to agree with Petra, I've "known" many Siamese cats over the years (some purebred, some mixes) and I think they're just as prone to be mean as any other cat. My Punky, though a mix, has been handled to the third degree by children and while she doesn't like it, she never uses claws or teeth to get away.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well my friend must have just had a cat that had a bad attitude that day. Thats good to know that they aren't mean tempered cats, MAYBE one day I will get one. But I think I will stick with the animal shelter and I highly doubt a purebred siamese is going to come in there, lol! Thanks for setting me straight! Now go give those little cuties of yours a kiss and tell them I am very sorry, lol!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't be sorry! You can always find a cat that has some behaviour problems. Ours don't. I've never gotten scratched by my cats intentionally. During this year we've had our Siamese (well in june it's a full year), we've gotten 2 scratches each and both times was our own fault (stepping on a cats tail is not nice, even if it was by accident).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts