Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's getting fixed,tested for FIV and FELV,and getting his ears unwaxed to boot! They take in patients before 8:00 a.m. and are generally finished by 2:00 p.m.

A sign in the waiting room reads 'All unattended children will be given an expresso and a free puppy'

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Robin's home and doing great! He's alert,walking around and his appetite's back! He has to wait til 5;30 to eat or drink,though. He tested negative for fiv,felv.

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
Yay for Robin!! :grin:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! He's already trying to CLIMB things! Should I discourage this? Also I opened a window-just to give him some fresh air,it's not cold outside at all,at all! OH! And according to the vet he's older than I thought,currently a year and a half. MM. Dunno. When I got him he was a LITTLE KITTEN!

·
Registered
716 Posts
i love the waiting room sign! made me giggle:razz:

Thanks! He's already trying to CLIMB things! Should I discourage this? Also I opened a window-just to give him some fresh air,it's not cold outside at all,at all! OH! And according to the vet he's older than I thought,currently a year and a half. MM. Dunno. When I got him he was a LITTLE KITTEN!
i would try to keep him as calm as possible, and the age thing...well, we all know vets don't always know everything :-?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i would try to keep him as calm as possible
Actually my vet told me the contrary when I got my girls spayed. He said cat skin is very loose and flexible, so jumping and climbing wouldn't cause problem. If it does, the cat will stop before the wound is tore open. Also moving can prevent internal organs being "stuck" together after surgery, but I guess this only applies to female cats :D

Congrats to Robin! :smiles

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
And the age thing... I might be wrong but I think many vets estimate a cat's age by their dental condition. It is a lot easier (and more accurate) to guess when its a kitten, so if you got Robin as a kitten, then you have a better guess than your vet :D But I would ask the vet why he thinks Robin is older? If it's because the dental condition doesn't look too good for his actual age, maybe time to start teethbrushing training? :D

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I would feed him just a little at a time for tonight, some cats can be stunted and small and if his history is in question before you got him, who knows.. we were told our silvie cat was older than we thought but she grew like crazy later and that would have been at over 1.5 years.. quessing ages at 6 months to 2 years can be very tricky in some cats..

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vet took a look at Robin's teeth and said he has some 'nice grooves'. Well,he IS a groovy cat! :) Seriously,grooves indicate wear and tear,right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts