Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
It's been almost a year since I last posted. It seems I come on here when I'm in need of help. I realize there is nothing anyone can do for me right now. I'm just looking for some comfort. My cat Rocky went out for his usual afternoon romp yesterday and has not come home since. :cry:
This has never happened before. He's usually home for dinner and has slept on my bed every night since I've had him as a kitten. I know something isn't right and I'm so worried right now. But at the same time, I am hoping he's just on an adventure and will return in his own good time.
I've scoured the surrounding area of our home. He is chipped and I've alerted the local rescue centers. I haven't yet put up flyers. I'll wait another day or two.
Has anyone had experiences with cats leaving home for an unusual amount of time? Btw, Rocky is neutered.
Thanks for your support, as always.
Ami

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Aww Im so sorry to hear of your worries!

Whisper has always been home like clockwork when its feeding time but there has been a couple of times where he skipped lunch and supper! Frightened the chit out of me both times and had me out looking for him for a couple of hours, both times he came home shortly after in one piece!

Hopefully your boy turns up soon and ok!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Ami
Awww Rocky looks so cute. I have recently split with my wife, when we was together we had 2 cats, one male called Jake & the other female called Mittens. They was both house cats. Jake took to my ex more than me & Mittens was a daddys girl. When we split my ex took Jake with her & he became an outdoor cat where she now lives. A few month after we split I got a phone call from her saying that Jake had not come home one afternoon & she was really worried. I said I would come to look for him if he was not back first thing the next morning. The next morning still no sign of him, so we printed posters & went around the area sticking them up & knocking on doors asking if anyone had seen Jake. As we was going to peoples doors we continued to shout his name & one particular house we went up the path & we heard the faintest of meow I have ever heard but I knew for sure it was Jake. He was in a bush terrified. What had most likely happened was he got into a fight with another male cat & got so scared he hid in a bush until we found him. But the most interesting thing about it was the bush where he was hid was a 30 second walk from where my ex lives.
I'm sure Rocky is just on an adventure. Have a look in nearby bushes & gardens & ask any neighbors if they have seen him. If you have facebook post a photo up of him & ask your friends to share. I wouldnt be too worried just yet, I know thats easier said than done but stay positive. I hope Rocky comes home from his little adventure soon, please keep us updated & remember to stay positive

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
I wouldn't wait, I'd put flyers up now. If someone has him they not realize you're looking for him.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
I know how scary it is to have a kitty go missing for a longer period of time. It's happened a lot to me. A previous cat of mine was shut in a garage, so that could be a real concern. I would go out at night when it's quiet and call around. Also I would ask neighbours to have a look in their garages/sheds. If you know of any other general areas he may go ask people around there to check around under bushes, or as if you can have a look through their yard.

Most recently Blacky was missing for 48 hours... in over 10 years she's never been missing that long. She came home moving very slowly and with some scratches (she was almost fine the next day), she'd been in a cat fight, which is very unusual for her. I know she would have heard us calling her - there is no way she went far from home - but she didn't come out because she was hurt. The same thing happened a few years back when she was missing for about 24 hours, she didn't come home because she was hurt. She came out the next night when my dad was calling her; she was only about a minute walking distance from home. She likely felt much safer coming out of hiding in the darkness due to her injury.

Most cats aren't far from home and are too scared, trapped or hurt. I would put up posters ASAP in the neighbourhood and walk around looking under bushes and asking neighbours to do the same. If your cat is food motivated, shake a treat bag.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the supportive replies, so far. I think I'll start putting together a flyer and get my kids to help post it. I like the Facebook idea, too. I live in a small town and word travels fast. Hoping for a very good outcome to all this worrying!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Good luck to you! My indoor cat Punky got out one time when we had company and someone opened the door of the room he was staying in while the outside door fairly close by was open. He got panicked and dashed out, and we couldn't find him for hours. We walked the neighborhood and called and called, and nothing. Finally about 11 p.m. (he had gotten out about 1:00 p.m.) I went out on the deck with his food dish and a fork and banged on it for all I was worth. I almost dropped with relief when he ran out of the woods, up on the deck and right in the house! Of course, he was still shook up from his 'adventures' and hid under the couch for a while longer but he was fine and not hurt at all.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Oh I feel for you :( Yuki went missing in September for 5 days and it was awful. I found a website catsinthebag.org and it's got a lot of useful tips on looking for lost cats. I really hope your baby comes home soon.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your kind supportive words. I'm very sad to say that a neighbor found Rocky dead in their yard this afternoon. Apparently, he was hit by a car sometime this morning. He looked peaceful so that was some consolation. Hopefully it was quick.
My family and I are gutted, to say the least.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. If it's an consolation, his soul lives on and will be reborn into a cute little kitten with a caring family around him :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts