Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rocky's left eye is watering, just slightly, and it doesn't seem to bother him. The eye as well as around the eye, there is no irritation or redness. I'm just wondering if he may have gotten something in his eye or perhaps it's allergies? He's eating, playing, going to the bathroom, etc, everything is totally normal. Thank you for your suggestions :) I feel that it's just an eye irritation like we get on occasion

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Oh my Misa got that too a few times. It almost looks like she was crying. I'm not sure what it is either or if it's a good or bad thing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, exactly, it's as if his left eye is crying. He's definitely not sad, i know that much! lol I think it's just a slight irritation, or perhaps allergies, and it is allergy season for humans..maybe, it is for cat's too? lol I'm glad this has happened to someone else though :)

·
Banned
154 Posts
This was a regular occurrence for my Princess during the entire 8 years she was with me...the vet couldn't give me a clear explanation but her eyes were fine...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Leelu's eye leaks as well, I know a lot of her eye leaking has to do with her pushed in face though. My breeder said as long as the discharge isn't green/yellow, the whites of the eye isn't red and there's no swelling, not to worry.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Leelu's eye leaks as well, I know a lot of her eye leaking has to do with her pushed in face though. My breeder said as long as the discharge isn't green/yellow, the whites of the eye isn't red and there's no swelling, not to worry.
I wonder if they get a hair in their eyes, when I had Meme who had a very fine thick coat that shed constantly I was always getting cat hairs in my eyes.
When Samantha would have this problem I'd hold her and do a look see at her eye which she didn't like, I never saw anything and it always cleared up in a day or so.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I wouldn't worry. My dog was like this a few months ago. It went away rather quickly. I think he just got something in it.

If you think he has something in it, you can flush his eye with regular saline contact lens solution or multipurpose contact lens solution. Just be careful not to use a peroxide based solution. I questioned the multipurpose but I put it in my eyes and I can still see and my vet said it was fine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's shedding season and his father is Persian, so it makes sense as to why this would be happening, plus it's high allergy season. His eye isn't closing(it's just as open as the right eye that isn't watering), there isn't any swelling or redness, the liquid is clear just like tears. I've just been wiping his eye with a warm wash cloth, and it seems to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts