Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several weeks of trying Swheatscoop litter and having accidents outside the box with our older cat Meeko I switched one litter box back to clay litter. I bought a different brand than what I had been using since the old brand wasn't absorbing and the urine was turning to clay muck. I bought Fresh for Life Multi fresh4life | Multi-Cat Formula. I just went downstairs to clean the boxes and found Richard (10months old) in the box. I left the room to give him some privacy and when I heard him stop covering up I went back in. He jumped back in the box and started rolling around, doing flip flops in it and generally having a grand old time. Is this normal behaviour? I have never seen a cat do this before. Any thoughts on this behaviour?

·
Banned
154 Posts
My Bootsy (4 1/2 mos) does this - usually when the litter box is clean though. She just likes to hang out there. She also tries to help me when I am cleaning it by whacking the "goods" out of the scoop back into the box. I don't know if it is "normal" that they hang out there - but I do know our kids aren't the only ones that do it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yah, Richard tries to help me scoop as well, he likes to try to get into the plastic bag to see what in fact is going in there!

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Both my cats like to roll in litter right after I put in fresh stuff. I usually pick them out of the box as I don't like them getting the dust in their coats, especially my white girl. I've had other cats and kitties roll in litter before, and it does seem to be a normal behavior, maybe given them a scratch on their back. Dogs and horses love to roll too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts