Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 5 cats. 3 are from the same litter. They've always been inside with a litterbox and 4 of the 5 cats have never had a problem. However, one of the males, Roo, likes to pee on me, my bed, the couch, in the hamper, and in the back door doorway...My fiance is telling me if he doesn't stop I have to get rid of him...but he's one of my babies! What do I do???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's neutered and I've had him checked out for UTI, came back clear. I have 2 boxes downstairs and one upstairs. I don't know if he's trying to tell me something...seeing as how he's woke me up by peeing on me... :?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
More litter boxes might solve your problem. You're supposed to have at least one per cat, although 5 boxes does seem a lot. Did he ever use the box? If so, when did he stop?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They started out in the front bedroom with Momma Cat, I had to close them off because Momma went ballistic when our rat terrier (who thought he was another kitten) came in to visit. They had a box in there and as soon as they were old enough, all of them used it. He uses it sometimes, but takes spells...he's been good (knock on wood) for about 2 weeks...but yesterday I found that he had peed on my washing machine. :x

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yeah, it might just be that he needs a less crowded spot of his own. Since you've had him checked by the vet and there's no problem there, then I think adding more boxes might be the solution to your problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This may seem a little drastic, but when my cat Tigger was a kitten, I could not get him litter trained to save my life. I was at my wits end and nothing was coming up as far as UTI. Finally discovered he had diabetes! Probably not the case here, but that taught me that anything is possible. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts