Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So here's my Rotten, looking beautiful and peaceful, about to annihilate my computer.

Here she is, still determined that if she focuses hard enough, the window will disappear.

My favorite picture of her.

Here's Baby Kitty, a rescue. We were really close, til a dog took her from me, prompting me to move and take Rotten 400 miles away to a safe place.

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
The window picture is very cool! :cool

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...Baby Kitty was saved from dogs to begin with, my aunt & uncle were just letting their pit bull eat their litters of kittens. My mom managed to rescue her. But then my brother brought home a pit bull that was about to be killed by its previous owner for eating the face off his child, and that dog killed Baby Kitty. The fighting rooster in my other post was saved from a dog that tried to kill him, I found him mauled and half dead by a creek. Eight months later, a dog tore his pen walls completely down and killed him and his hen while I was gone. People wonder why I have dog issues...I sure miss Baby Kitty and Rooster Cogburn.

·
Super Moderator
26,399 Posts
So sorry for your losses. :(

Rooster Cogburn - :lol: :lol: great movie!

·
Registered
146 Posts
so sorry to hear about baby kitty :( you shouldnt hate dogs in general just because of what the pit bull did. the OWNERS made the dog liek that.
wow....the animal police would have gone ballistic on your aunt and uncle. i kno wi would have. they are ugly people....sorry to tell you that :(

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I don't want to hurt your feeliings, but I consider the irresponsibility of your aunt, uncle, and brother is shocking to me. Considering the history of the dog your brother brought home, he should never have been placed in a home again. How horrible!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't had anything to do with my mom's side of the family for years. I'd as soon see them all in prison really, most have of them have been there and should go back. This is the same family where I had to listen to my great-uncle brag about brutally killing non-white people when he was younger, and then listen to him talking on and on about the size of my...female attributes. I was thirteen. As for my brother's dog...I didn't want it there, but was not my house to control, and my mother wouldn't put her foot down. I wanted the dog dead after it tried to kill the child, and killed another person's cat too. It was a bred fighting pit.

But those are situations I'm out of now, and people I have nothing to do with, and most of them are in situations where they have no home to even own an animal in, thankfully.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Lovely pics!!

Sorry about the little kitty :cry:.

Reminds me of what happened to my first cat. I was given him as a child (Tarry) -he was a big, beautiful Tabby cat. Powerful. Huge.

We lived in the country (well, my mother still does - in the same house) and Tarry loved to roam and explore but never strayed far. One Sunday morning we heard a commotion outside - we went out - only to find Tarry being attacked by two terriers in his own front garden.

They broke his back. He had to be put to sleep. And the dog owners (two young men) were just standing there and laughing.

Tarry was only two years old.

I was only very young and I saw it all. I adored that cat. And I didn't find a worthy replacement until March this year.

It still makes me upset and angry. Some owners are so damned irresponsible. I still can't believe to this day that those two young men just watched their dogs kill my cat.

But thankfully not all dogs are like that. My favourite furry friend in the world is a dog - and he just loves cats. He lives with my mother. You should see him in the garden looking out for my mother cat -a tiny little thing who would be afriad to go out if the dog wasn't there (and doesnt stary from the garden when he does). Its the cloeset dog/cat relationship I've ever seen.

Dogs are not to blame. Their owners are. Its always worth remembering - in my opinion - that one should never fully trust a dog. They are wolves in disguise don't forget.

·
Registered
146 Posts
TrinityQuiet said:
I haven't had anything to do with my mom's side of the family for years. I'd as soon see them all in prison really, most have of them have been there and should go back. This is the same family where I had to listen to my great-uncle brag about brutally killing non-white people when he was younger, and then listen to him talking on and on about the size of my...female attributes. I was thirteen. As for my brother's dog...I didn't want it there, but was not my house to control, and my mother wouldn't put her foot down. I wanted the dog dead after it tried to kill the child, and killed another person's cat too. It was a bred fighting pit.

But those are situations I'm out of now, and people I have nothing to do with, and most of them are in situations where they have no home to even own an animal in, thankfully.
i hope they get thrown in jail again and the pit bull euthenized. dogs like that cannot be rehomed and since the dog bit a child then that's a big lawsuit right there. ****, i should be an animal cop. there are soo many pit bull fights where i live. in Holyoke it's probably 1st or second next to cockfighting (i think i've been watching too much of Animal Cops on A.P. )hee hee :oops:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah...they broke Baby Kitty's back. I can always remember the way she moved. I was sleeping at the time, heard it happening and ran out naked, beating this pit bull off my cat while everyone was trying to tear me off of it. I swear it's the worst thing I've ever known in my life, it seems like some things you should be able to go back in time and change by sheer force of willpower, you know? I screamed at my brother that that dog had better be dead, or I'd kill him, my brother. A few months later he brought home another pit off the street...that night I called up an uncle and asked if all his offers for me to come live with him were still valid. I swore I'd never live here...but at least my cat's not going to get killed by his pitbulls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts