Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We've recently (well.. over a month ago now) moved house, to a place about 10 mins walk from the house we used to live at. My problem is..... ol' Timmy keeps running back to the old house.

We've tried putting butter on his paws, and have been keeping him inside for up to 3 weeks (apart from when he's sneaking out windows my flatmates keep leaving open :? ) but he keeps going back.

Does anyone know of anything we can do to make him stay here?

Thanks for your time. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Butter on paws

Its an old wives tale.... if you put butter on the cats paws it is supposed to think "hmm yum creamy, I think I'll stay here" and... not run away :).

It's the first thing everyone advises me to do here in NZ when I ask them about it. Only it didnt work :?

·
Registered
917 Posts
oh, i get it. i thought you were trying to make his paws too slippery to climb stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
It may take a bit longer for him to settle in his new home, as essentially he is still in his old territory. What happens when he goes back to the old house? You should make sure that the people now living there don't give him any food or attention and, better still, ask them to help out by actively shooing him away !! He'll get the message soon enough that he can no longer use his old base and will in time settle at home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts