Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called this leasing company that's leasing my car and wanted to know about trading it in early since I wouldn't get a penalty. Well I didn't have the VIN # on me at the time so he looked me and my bf up under our social. He assured me before I even said anything that it's confidential and it's just to look up our accounts.

Well today I listen to my voicemail and he's asking me stuff that's on my credit report and saying he pulled my credit. I am not super mad but this was irritating! I was just wanting some prices, I didn't want my credit run right now especially when I'm not going to even do it now.

I told him I really didn't want my credit run and I didn't sound angry or anything but he kept going on about how if you're looking around for cars and they run your credit within a short period of time that it's ok, etc. Ok, I know that! But the thing is, I haven't looked around for cars and I was just calling them since they sent me something in the mail.

I wouldn't care if I was looking around for cars, but the thing is I'm not. Grrrr, I should of never called. If he called me and asked me to run my credit I would of said no.

Lesson learned- When giving out your social, if there is an alternate way they can look you up, do the alternate method. :evil:

·
Registered
983 Posts
that sucks :( I'd suggest call back, ask for a supervisor and complain. they should NOT do it without asking you.

BTW, i too have a story about complaining. I've been going to my dealer for 6 years with my car, and everybody knows me there and is always friendly and very nice. well, the last time i got my car back, the whole driver's seat was moved, the wheel was moved out of position, the seat was reclined and I was NOT happy about it (i own an expensive sports car). so i called them and complained! even if i know them, I'd still complain. if it's their fault for running the credit report - call and voice your anger! :)

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
I agree, I would call the supervisor and complain. Are they allowed to just run your credit unless it has something to do with what you're doing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts