Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2yr old lost 2 molars the other week :crying and has another that looks a bit suspect, so we are stepping up the daily dental routine.

I'm afraid he has FCV, he's had anti-inflammatories and long acting antibiotics and I was applying dentisept with a cutip to the sockets where his two molars came out, and to the gumline of one top premolar in particular which doesn't look as healthy as the rest... the bottom two molars he lost looked like perfect healthy teeth with no tartar, but the root was just a wizened thread :-| ... there seemed to be no space for them in his little mouth.

He doesn't mind the dentisept, and the cutip, but today I started proper brushing again (with no toothpaste even) and he's really starting to resist having his teeth actually brushed :-| I use a tiny round headed brush (much smaller than a fingertip, it came with an electric toothbrush)

I've always fussed with his mouth, check his teeth daily (he's very good for that) but only brushed or wiped infrequently (didn't seem to need more regular brushing) and usually picking the right time carefully, now I want to see if brushing regularly will help at all, but the more I do it seems... the worse he gets!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
My hubby uses a little thingy made by "Life" brand (maybe Cdn brand only?) called "Essentials". They're white plastic toothpicks, but on one end there are little bristles.....it's for cleaning between the teeth instead of floss. Maybe one these would work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts