Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, Rusty is my dear 15 year old tiger striped feline family member. He most likely has feline HyperThyroidism, testing is being done in less than a week for this. Thanks to a friend who is a member of this forum, I am here, and I was able to find a yahoo group dedicated to feline HyperT. It will be nice to network with others who love their cats, and to learn from each other. -Donna

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hope I am doing this correctly, I am supposed to make two new posts to gain full membership. I already made my intro and signed the rules. Can't wait to share with the others here! -Donna

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome Donna! There are many knowledgable people here that will be more than willing to offer advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Shan. I am taking Rusty in for testing this weekend. When i get the results and a plan for treatment I will be back to discuss this. I have been reading up on feline hyperT and i am armed with information for my visit to the vet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will be following you and Rusty's journey as my kitty's been diagnosed with a hyper thyroid as well... Hoping everything goes smoothly with you! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be following you and Rusty's journey as my kitty's been diagnosed with a hyper thyroid as well... Hoping everything goes smoothly with you! :)
Thank you Picasso. My best wishes to you and kitty also, and welcome to the forum. I got a message from my vet yesterday (I was at work) the test results show that Rusty is HyperT . I hope to hear back from the vet today before I go to work. I hope they are willing to start a low dose of methimazole since they said his kidneys are smaller than they should be and that he likely has kidney disease. Have you started treatment for your HyperT kitty yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts