Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did you notice any changes in the litter box? was the poo more or less smelly? poo consistancy changes?

also, what brands do you feed, and whats your feeding schedule?

thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I notice a lot less poo, overall. No change in consistency. It's all smelly to me! Right now I have Felidae, Wellness, Petguard, Avoderm, APD, and Chicken Soup.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I think I posted something to the effect of Sabby having less poo, less stinky poo, but much harder poo. I added that psyllium powder to his food and now he's fine.

Twice a day feedings for Sabby: 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m and liver treats in the afternoons.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
What does the psyllium powder do to the benefit of their health? I didn't catch on that one... :roll:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
It's extra fiber. Since the canned food made Sabby's stool too hard, the psyllium powder helps Sabby with his bowell movements. Metamucil is made of psyllium powder.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i've started the all canned diet. we'll see what happens!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cats get Wellness, Innova, Nutro Natural pouches and Solid Gold. They are starting to not like the Wellness as much as Innova though. Anyways I feed them a 3 oz. can in the morning split between the 2 cats. Leave dry food out for someone to nibble during day. Every other night, they get a 3 oz. Nutro Natural pouch. Their poo hasn't been smelling bad at all but I think on certain canned foods, they start to really smell so I just stick with what works now. (((=

1 - 11 of 11 Posts