Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to put my cat to sleep this morning. Yes, on Christmas. She deteriorated rapidly from kidney failure and it would have been cruel to wait any longer. Now I have to tell my son. It's just terrible.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I’m so sorry.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
So sorry to read this, very distressing. Kindness has costs, doesn't it. Always remember you did the best for your furry friend, and make sure your son understands that too. (of course I have no idea how old your son is; if adult he already knows)

·
Registered
329 Posts
You made the right choice. I bet it's VERY VERY hard, but just rest assured that she is no longer suffering, and that you did the right thing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So sorry to read this, very distressing. Kindness has costs, doesn't it. Always remember you did the best for your furry friend, and make sure your son understands that too. (of course I have no idea how old your son is; if adult he already knows)
Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to put my cat to sleep this morning. Yes, on Christmas. She deteriorated rapidly from kidney failure and it would have been cruel to wait any longer. Now I have to tell my son. It's just terrible.
So sorry for your loss. We get so attached to them, they're just like family. 💖

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sorry this happened to your kitty, but you made the right choice, your cats spending its days now, frolicking in catnip fields. I would have done the same thing. I express my sympathies to you and your son.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So very sorry! My Baby Girl also had chronic kidney failure. She and I knew it was time. So, the next morning we went to our vet and Baby Girl, very peacefully, was freed from that dreadful illness!! I know I will see her again some day, in heaven. So although I was, and still am sad, I am at peace. I will pray for you and your son!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts