Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up getting Sadie a bigger litterbox which has cut down on her kicking all the litter out of the box, but somehow made her poop more smelly. I swear that the smell of their business is in proportion to the size of the litterbox!

Anyway since I got her, we've trained her pretty well in things like humans don't like claws scratching them, night time is for sleep time (she's ALMOST got that one down), and it is not okay to try and steal food off human plates. Yay Sadie!

Now my biggest issue seems to be lying in her biting. When she's feeling playful she'll rabbit kick and nip, which I believe is because she's playful and we're trying to pet her. We just stop what we're doing and walk away from her. That's not my biggest complaint.

My BIGGEST complaint is that when she wake up at about 4:30 am or 5 am she'll find my hands (wherever they may be on the bed) and start nipping/chewing on them. If I don't react she'll then start to rabbit kick until I finally get up and lock her out of the bedroom.

Any one have this problem before?

Other maybe useful information: Her automatic feeder automatically goes off at about 6:00 am and she's no longer deterred or scared of water (turns out she's a Bengal mix).

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
My cats play this way with me often. They don't actually bite or scratch hard enough to leave marks (besides the occasional white marks that don't actually hurt or break skin) and so I allow this sort of play. But I'm different than most, and actually enjoy hand-wrestling them, and I understand it can be dangerous if the kitty isn't under control. I guess with Sadie, just push her off the bed when she starts biting, but don't pay her any more attention than that. Then just roll over with your back to her so she can't get at your hands any more!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts