Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought Skeeter a collar as soon as we adopted him, and when we were picking them out, we noticed the Safe Kitty brand. The collars snap together rather than buckle together. That way, if they get snagged or caught by something, no harm will come to the cat. I thought this was a neat idea, as I've had some collar scares in the past with other cats.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yup, they're great, especially for indoor/outdoor kitties. As much as you'd want the collar to stay on if they got lost... well, it's better that your cat be loose without a collar than hanging from a tree.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
catobsessed4 said:
well, it's better that your cat be loose without a collar than hanging from a tree.
I totally agree. I'd rather have the first mental picture than the latter. :( It was funny, though...when we first put the collar on him, the little bell that's on it made him think that there was always a toy nearby, so he'd keep looking around for it. :) He finally figured out that the bell was on HIM! Then he tried to bite at it and kept falling over in little flips. It was hilarious!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Skeeter would kill me if I put one of those on him! I have visions of mom's dressing their little boys up and the kid looking in the mirror with that dead-pan look on his face! :) Aww...maybe he'll endure it just for a photo op or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts