1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Could any of you suggest safe tick and flea solutions for my 3 cats
(2 outdoor/indoor and 1 indoor).

I'd like to get away from putting strong chemicals on my little furry friends if possible.

TIA

Mick.

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Mick, it sounds like you don't want to put on a topical such as Revolution, do I understand that correctly? There really isn't any sure-fire and safe alternative, and strangely as it may seem, some of the alternative products you might find in a pet store may actually be LESS safe.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Coaster

Yes, your right.
I've just treated all 3 with "top spot" and was wondering about alternatives.

I have heard that some products bought in the stores are harmful and so would never use those.

I was being hopeful for an "organic cure" :)

Mick

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I have read of organic flea shampoos and home flea remedies, but don't know how well those work.
I'm happy with Revolution, and so is Arianwen. :wink:
:eek:rcat

·
Registered
709 Posts
We're currently giving our cats tiny amounts of brewers yeast (powdered form, in their canned food, once a month).

I've read that it works, I've also read many cats can have allergic reactions, so we're taking it slow.

I also, really don't want my cats being treated with harsh chemicals monthly.

So far, our 4 haven't had a reaction, and if fleas appear, I think we'll up it to weekly in the food.

We bought the brewers yeast at a human health food store.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Is Stronghold available in the US? I was told this was the best, and the stuff we used (Bob Martin's) was next to useless.

The vet actually said it would have been better to just put water on :lol:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I've always just used Advantage and had amazing results. When I first took in mill cat, she was so infested that my skin would burn just holding her. One vile of Advantage and fleas literally poured off of her, I had always just used it as a preventative and had never seen it work on a full blown infestation. I was amazed. Good stuff!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts