Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start a thread for Sam & Suzy. Then I can update this thread instead of starting a billion or two of them (oh yes, I do have a happy shutter trigger finger) :D

Sam & Suzy is little over 10 weeks old now, they will come home to us in 2 weeks exactly (june 8th). Today we went to visit them again and we talked with the breeder about all and nothing (she's so nice!) and I of course took a few pictures (even my hubby took a few - last pics).

Their homepage is updated with new pics, so if you haven't seen their homepage, check it out: http://halls-lulea.com/cats

And here's the new pictures from today, enjoy!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Those are really great pictures! They are just adorable. How can you tell which are Sam and Suzy? Did the breeder mark them to know that they are "spoken for"?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KittyCute, oh it's easy (coughs) Sam and Suzy are the ones with the palest coat (i.e. back and hind) and Suzy's facial markings are different than Sam's (and besides, Sam's the biggest one in the litter).

Suzy's markings in her face is sort of )_( while Sam's are more (_) (trying to describe it was harder than seeing it myself).

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
They are so pretty, I bet you can't wait to take them home finally. I know I wouldn't be able to wait that long but soon enough.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
They are really adorable -- I bet you can't wait to get them home! I have to admit, I can't tell which ones are Sam and Suzy when they are all in the bunch together. But of course their Mom and Dad can tell them apart. :) I was wondering though -- in the first two pictures it looks like one of the kitten's eyes is half shut and looking a little gunky. Is that right? The flame point kitten also looks like it has something on its eyes. And if you look into their ears on some of the closeups it looks like their ears are a little dirty. I don't think that's normal because kitties' ears are supposed to be totally free of dark stuff...what do you think? Sorry, don't mean to worry you -- these are just great quality pictures perfect for observation, and I'm learning.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ForJazz, your observations seem correct. I just wrote in the Cat Chat that our breeder took the kittens to the vet today due to that gunk in the eyes. Two of the kittens seem to be affected (not ours) and the vet decided to put them all on medication for 20 days.

This also means they are delayed for pick-up at least a week. Not fun for us of course, but I just hope that it's only those two kittens that are affected and all will be cleared up with the medication.

In some pictures the kittens were a bit sleepy too, so they weren't too happy with me using a flash (even if it's aimed to the celing) when they woke up. But in all your observation is correct, something is wrong with two of the kittens eyes.

The flame point kitten is the breeder's 6 mo old kitten, and his eyes doens't look to nice either. Not sure if he got any medication too, she didn't mention his name since she was more concerned about our kittens. She's a really good lady and she takes good care of the kittens. I'm happy she's reacting fast on things like this. Means she'll be a great support even when the kittens are home with us.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
That is good to hear -- I'm glad they are being well taken care of. Did you notice the black stuff in the ears too? You can see it on the closeups where their heads are to the sides.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really sure what black stuff you mean. But if they all went to the vet, I'm sure if it was something with their ears he/she would have seen that too. The breeder didn't mention the ears though. She might not have thought about it or it was non important. I don't know (or maybe my pictures just has too much contrast). But I will ask her! :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The inside of the cats' ears should be totally clean and pink. There is black stuff in the ears of some of the cats -- do you see it? It kind of looks like dirt. You can see it well in 3643 and 3645. The flame point also looks like it has some in his ears but you can't see it as clearly as in the others. I have heard that when cats have larger ears like the new siamese and devon rex's, you need to clean the ears more often than other cats. Can you see it now? Just would want to make sure they didn't have ear mites or something.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, I see what you mean. I'll ask the breeder, she was going to talk to the vet tomorrow anyway about booking time for the final vet inspection before delivery (should be june 14th).

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
They are absolutely adorable together - congratulations! :D

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today they've knocked over a few things, had their hearts punding 100 miles a second - nothing damaged or anyone hurt... but they did look very innocent when they knocked over my watering can. Should have taken a picture, but I was more worried about their health than the comic relief. :D

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today Suzy finally got her guts up and discovered that playing with toys is fun. To get her to play I hung up a string for her to play with since I saw she was pawing a string I had around an object at home. She got really excited about the string and played with it like crazy (more picture will be posted later tonight). Then she turned around and eyed the mouse Sam has been playing with for 2 days and she attacked it. Later both Sam and Suzy were playing with the mouse together and they were so pooped afterwards they've spent the rest of the afternoon in bed, resting. :D

First a picture of Sam posing for me:

Then Suzy's little discovery of the mouse:

·
Registered
366 Posts
That photo of Sam is just stunning - those eyes!! Oh my.
What gorgeous babies!

Side note: I love your blue platform cat tree!

Side note two: how do you tell them apart???

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you! :D

OK, how do I keep them apart? I don't! Well, Sam's a tad bigger (fatter) than Suzy and she also is a tad darker in the face than him. Sam also have a very good thing to keep them apart, those furry balls (ooooops, that sounded bad). Well, they are dark, so when I see them from behind it's easy to tell them apart. Actually that's the only way to tell them apart from the behind. 8O

Ok, here's a little goodie, a video clip from when they were playing today:
Sam & Suzy: The Movie (12 MB)

·
Registered
135 Posts
OH MY GOD! I laughed so hard!! I don’t want to be reincarnated into a toilet - I want to be one of Petra’s cats! I will show the movie to my "hubby grump" - that might get him into the mode of getting another cat…

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Socksipuss, of course you need to convince your hubby to get another kitten. They are just adorable.

Sam and Suzy are now sleeping deeply. It's been a playful day and I think they've overdosed on the toy mice.

Todays photos are now posted: http://halls-lulea.com/photoalbum/themes/16junePlaying/

I'm all beat actually, had no idea it was this tough to have kittens (forgot)... I know I should treasure this period in their life, but I would like a bit calmer around me after all. Tripping over kittens that attacks eachother all the time is tough.... but OH SOO FUN!!!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 83 Posts